Pushing Through

"Aim at perfection in everything, though in most things it is unattainable. However, they who aim at it, and persevere, will come much nearer to it than those whose laziness and despondency make them give it up as unattainable."
-Lord Chesterfield


I hate last week. It was a terrible week that I wish I could delete from my life. It was just wrong. Everything just felt wrong. Workouts went wrong. Runs went wrong. Life in general just seemed wrong. I think what made it worse was that I was fully aware that my motivation was completely gone, and there was nothing I could do. I knew there were a million things to be thankful for. I was fully aware of how blessed I am to have a body that works so very well. And it all just seemed pointless. I was over it. Tired of going to the weight room. Tired of running. Tired of biking. Yoga? No, thank you. Biking? My booty hurt. Nothing seemed to fix my funk. 

What's so very frustrating about these lulls when they happen is that I've written countless posts on facebook and given countless pep talks to friends who have lamented about a lack of motivation. I know far too many tricks for curing lack of motivation... but it still was able to sneak up on me and crush me.

How did I cure it? Well, I just held on to everything that I know is true, and I kept pushing through. I ran when I really just wanted to sit on the couch. I went to the gym when I just wanted to take a nap (and on two different days I hated it so badly that I cried in frustration). And thankfully, the clouds of apathy moved on and the sun of motivation is shining again.



Comments

Popular Posts