My Favorites... Podcast Edition

As we roll into a new year, I thought I'd throw some of my favorite things out there, just in case you're looking for something new to take with you into 2017. 

I am completely a Podcast junkie. I'm currently subscribed to 12. Some I listen to faithfully, some I check in on only occasionally. Here are my top choices:

My Current Favorites:

Endurance Planet Hosted by Tawnee Prazak Gibson, MS, CSCS, this podcast focuses on training, racing, nutrition, and generally living a healthy lifestyle. Tawnee herself has experience and education in endurance sports. The podcast features "Ask the Coaches" episodes where she and Tim “Lucho” Waggoner chat about their own training and lives as well as answer listener questions. This is a great podcast for marathoners, ultra-marathoners, and triathletes who are truly interested in improving performance through scientifically proven training and nutrition. 

Marathon Training Academy Hosted by the husband and wife team of Angie and Trevor, the MTA podcast features interviews from runners with a variety of backgrounds-- professionals like Dean Karnazes and everyday people like members of the "Academy." Angie is an RN and a USATF and RRCA certified running coach, who is a "Marathon Maniac" and has completed more marathons than I can count. Trevor is newer to running and has completed fewer races. I love listening to Trevor and Angie talk about their running and their family. Angie offers advice for beginners to advanced runners and both share their own training, racing, and life experience. 

Obstacle Racing Media Podcast Matt B. Davis began this as a personal podcast to document the rise of obstacle course racing. This originally began as a one-man-show and has developed into one of the best sources of information and news from the obstacle racing world. The archives of the ORM podcast are a Who's Who of the obstacle racing world, and serves as the Wikipedia of all things OCR. Matt interviews a variety of guests including race directors, course designers, trainers, and elite racers.  

The Paleo Women Podcast As the name indicates, this podcast takes an in-depth look at healthy eating for women. Noelle and Stefani discuss hormones, nutrition, and mental health, tackling tough issues such as eating disorders, self-love, thyroid and gut health. As I'm aging, I'm realizing the importance that hormones play in good mental and physical health, and that caring about what I eat is more than just being concerned about calories. 

The Dave Ramsey Show Switching gears from physical health to fiscal health. This is the podcast "where debt is dumb, and cash is king." Giving the best advice on money, Dave walks callers through "The Baby Steps," helping his listeners pay off debt and use a budget to organize their lives and money. 

Other Good Ones: 

Obstacle Dominator For training and racing OCR. Hunter McIntyre provides comic relief to Ben Greenfield's analytic brain. Rose Wetzel joins and provides a woman's perspective. 

The Fat-Burning Man Abel James interviews a variety of guests with a focus on healthy, natural living. 

Walk in the Word One of my favorite pastors, James MacDonald, provides uplifting and encouraging messages. It's the perfect balance of truth and humor-- and upbeat enough that I can listen on the run.

Honestly, there are about 10 more that I check in with often. I'm not going to list them all here, but would be happy to geek out with anyone who wants to chat about podcasts!

Comments

Popular Posts