Worship

* This post is more personal, a reflection on my faith and how it intersects my training. A post for remembrance.


"Therefore, I urge you, brothers and sisters, in view of God’s mercy, to offer your bodies as living sacrifices, holy and pleasing to God—this is your spiritual act of worship." -Romans 12:2

Today was my last long run before the 2013 Florida Super Spartan. I had my doubts about running a little over 9 miles this morning. I planned to go 6, but my trainer/husband insisted I should go 9. Plenty of time for my legs to recover, he said. 

At about the 6 mile mark, as I was thinking ahead to next weekend's race, I began to pray. I often use my run time as a time to pray, but less common do I have today's experience. I prayed for my race performance-- that no matter how fast or how slow I race that I will honor God with my effort. I thanked Him for my healthy body, for the training it has endured, for the life I have. And peace began to flood into my mind, spreading its warmth through my body. Suddenly, the run felt effortless; I was nearly euphoric. Call it the runner's high-- it felt amazing. I felt the pleasure of my Father, my Daddy. I felt a reassurance that no matter the end result, as long as my performance is done as an act of worship, then my Daddy is pleased, and I will be successful.


Comments

  1. Good Luck on your Super! I pray for you a fun & safe run.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts