Why you HAVE to do a Spartan Race... and enter to WIN!
1. Spartan Races are incredibly fun. When else in life do you get a chance to climb over obstacles, jump into puddles, crawl through mud and push your way through people with pugel sticks? (More thoughts on this here.)
2. Spartan Races are challenging. With 4 different distances-- the 3+ mile / 15+ obstacle Spartan Sprint, the 8+ mile / 20+ obstacle Spartan Super, the 12+ mile / 25+ obstacle Spartan Beast, and the marathon distance Spartan Ultra Beast, there is a distance for everyone. *Note-- shorter distance doesn't mean easier. Course designers make use of the terrain to ensure each course presents its own unique challenges.
3. Spartan Races are inspiring. Rather, the people who do Spartan Races are inspiring. From people such as Amanda Sullivan and Misty Diaz (athletes with physical challenges) to Team X-T.R.E.M.E. (wounded veterans) to those who join the Biggest Loser teams, all you need to do is look around you on the course to find warriors whose hearts are bigger than the obstacles on the course.
4. Spartan Races help you learn about life. So, this might sound cheesy and overly dramatic, but just go with me. Spartan doesn't publish a course map before the event. In each race, you will face the unknown. Some obstacles may come easy, some may be nearly unconquerable, and some you will fail and pay a penalty. But you will keep pushing on because there is a finish line and difficult things do not last forever.
5. Spartan Races help you learn about you. In each Spartan Race that I've done, I've faced an obstacle (or a few) that I didn't think I could accomplish-- sometimes the wall looked too high, or the tire too heavy to drag, or the distance too far, but by putting one foot in front of the other and refusing to give up, I've dug deep and found the strength to continue.
I'm hoping to see some of you at the Miami Super Spartan on April 12 and 13. And to further encourage you... here is a code for 15% off of a Spartan Race in any location (open heat only)!
AND... it's giveaway time! Spartan Race has graciously given me a race to give to one of YOU!!!!! The entry is for any open heat of any 2014 Spartan Race in the continental U.S. Just read the instructions and follow them to enter:
a Rafflecopter giveaway And there's this:
Stay tuned next week for "How to Train for a Spartan Race"!