"I Can't Get No Satisfaction"


"You say, 'If I had a little more, I should be very satisfied.' You make a mistake. If you are not content with what you have, you would not be satisfied if it were doubled." 
-Charles H. Spurgeon

I have this problem. I want to do more races. Bigger races. Races in different locations. Trifectas. Beasts. Ultra Beasts. Double Trifectas. Ultra Marathons on mountainsides. The desire is not the problem. The problem is that I am beginning to feel as if I am not accomplished if I don't do said races. This is false. 
Meme credit: Desirée Rincón 
But I know myself. None of those races would satisfy me. If I did the Ultra Beast, there would be another big race that would become THE race. More money spent. More time spent. More longing for more. (Hence the Spurgeon quote.)

I'm guessing someone out there can relate. So, what do we do if we have family, work and life obligations and aren't independently wealthy? 


Be awesome where you are. 

Be someone's inspiration. 
Work hard at everything you do. 
Be thankful for all that you have. 
Take joy in the little things.


Comments

Popular Posts