This is my first time actually modifying and posting a recipe. Please extend some grace. I promise... this cheese cake is yummy! AND no baking required!
*Warning-- this is not a low calorie dessert. This is a high-fat, high-protein, low carb treat. Do not eat the whole cheesecake!
6 oz finely ground Pecans
1/4 c Unsweetened finely shredded coconut (I love the chocolate coconut combo-- omit, if you're not a fan.)
|Sorry! Terrible lighting--|
single slice picture is more accurate
1 c heavy whipping cream
8 oz cream cheese
4 packets stevia
4 scoops chocolate whey protein
2 Tbs cocoa powder
1. Melt butter (or coconut oil) in a pie plate. In a separate bowl, or in a food processor (if you're grinding your own pecans) mix coconut and pecans. Combine with butter in pie plate and press to form crust. (If crust is too dry, add 1-2 Tbs of butter/oil)
2. Whip heavy cream in food processor until thickened (About 1-2 minutes. Warning--for newbies whipping your own whipped cream-- the longer you whip the thicker it gets!). Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
3. Pour mixture into pie plate and smooth. Chill about 30 mins. (or if you're impatient, serve now!).
Recipe Nutrition Facts (amounts will vary slightly depending on brand of protein):
Total servings: 8 (not 1!)
Fat: 40 g
Carbs: 6 g
Fiber: 3 g
Protein: 16 g
*If you are concerned about calories, cut the amount of pecans by 2 oz and don't add the coconut to the crust (saves 68 calories). If you are concerned about the amount of fat, use neufchâtel cheese (saves 28 calories and 3 g of fat).
If you want to get fancy, serve topped with a sliced strawberry or dark chocolate shavings.
To change the flavor...
1. Add 2 Tbs of peanut butter to the filling mixture. Use peanuts for the crust (don't over chop, or you will have peanut butter).
2. Omit cocoa and use strawberry, banana or other flavors of protein.
Let me know if you try this, how it turns out for you, and any modifications you make!