Silence.

Well, I've been pretty quiet lately. I've just not had much to say or thoughts that I wanted to record. Not running seems to make me dumber. I'm pretty sure there's research somewhere to back that up. It's also making me a little crazy. So, I finally dragged out my road bike and hit the streets.

IT'S AMAZING WHAT A BREAK FROM THE NOISE AND FRESH AIR WILL DO FOR THE SOUL.

Meanwhile, my MRI results show no stress fracture and no injury. Pain from overuse is most likely my problem. He recommended a few more weeks off before I returned to running. I'm still on the bike.

Frankly, I've been pretty miserable. Pouty and moody and mostly sad that I'm not running. Facebook has NOT been my friend, since many of my friends and most pages I follow are in some way associated with running. Friends' innocent posts in celebration of their daily runs have been mocking me loudly... (said in a singsong child's playground voice) "Ha. Ha! I'm running, and you're not!"

But then last Sunday, I realized it wasn't just the cardio I was missing. (I originally thought it was, but no amount of stationary bike pedaling seemed to cure me.) It was the freedom of the road. The quiet of my own muscles working in the solitude of the mornings. Just me and the road. Air. Breath. Burn.


Comments

Popular Posts