Risk

Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. 
 Mark Twain

I'm a much different person than I once was. I was once the quiet kid in class. Now I'm the teacher. I was once the wall-flower at the school dance, too afraid to step onto the floor and dance to the music. Now I'm the lady in the car next to you, dancing with abandon at my favorite song. Once I was afraid to stand out. To take a chance. To be vulnerable. Now I'm... well, I'm still afraid, but I'm learning to ignore my fears and take chances. 

I've decided that life is just to short to play it safe. I want to live passionately. To enjoy each day. To laugh loudly and contagiously. To give everything I have in everything I do. I don't want to plod along, head down, looking up just long enough to check a box on my "To Do" List. 

I'm not talking about blindly gambling life away. I'm talking about blowing the doors off your comfort zone, dismantling the box and exploring life outside of it.

Comments

Popular Posts