'Twas the Night Before Competition...

So, it would be super cute if I created some rhyming poem that mimics the Christmas poem, but a blog post title is the best I'm doing.


This is what I do the night before a competition:

Try desperately hard NOT to think about the competition.
Foam Roll.
Wonder if I'm, in fact, ready for this competition.
Try desperately hard NOT to think about the competition.
Stand in my cool pool to (hopefully) promote healing in my tight quad/tendon.
Try not to stuff my face because of nervous energy.
Try desperately hard NOT to think about the competition.
Troll Facebook looking for words/posts of inspiration from friends and various fitness pages.
Watch this week's episode of Survivor.
Write a somewhat non-sensical blog post about the competition that I'm trying not to think about.
Try to figure out the best dinner to eat for optimal performance.
Wonder if I should've planned dinner a little earlier than 30 minutes before dinner time.
Try HARD not to think about the competition.
Eat a moderately carbed dinner packed with veggies and protein.
Foam roll.
Frozen lacrosse ball roll.
Chill on the couch in front of the t.v.
Ice.
Take some Advil pm.
Try desperately hard not to THINK about the competition as I'm praying myself to sleep.

Beast Mode Battle Competition recap coming soon!
So, I'm doing a CrossFit competition, not a race, but I love this quote.

Comments

Popular Posts