And My 2015...

I’ve been thinking about 2015, specifically, my plans for 2015. Rolling around ideas, playing with possible goals and dreams, imagining what it is that I want to write about in the 2015 year-in-review blog. And I just don’t know. I’m still feeling like I’m in a bit of a funk. But maybe that’s because I’m blogging from the un-sunny winter cold of Indiana.

This is the sticky note that's been on my
kitchen cabinet since last May.
I’m still stuck, still reflecting on last year. It was a year of so many firsts. The year I turned 40. I feel in some ways it was a peak year for me. Odd that a person could have a peak year and turn 40. Can I make 2015 a new peak year? 

Maybe that’s why I can’t quite focus on the coming year. Maybe it also has to do with the fact that my oldest will be entering his senior year in high school, getting his driver’s license, possibly going to prom. It’s hard to forget I’m getting older when my sons are a daily visible reminder. 

Right now, the only thing on my mind is conquering the muscle-up. I’m so close. It frustrates me to no end. I’ve got until the end of February, specifically, the beginning of the CrossFit Open, to reach this milestone.

After that, I just don't know. And I think I'm ok with that. I've worked so hard and focused for so long on getting ready for this year's Open, that I just want to see where I am after the scores have all been submitted. 

UPDATE: I just id my first weighted pistols, which has left me feeling a bit more positive. So, here are the things I will be working on in 2015:

Muscle ups.
250 lb back squat
175 lb clean
125 lb snatch
Write 100 pages in my novel
Read 50 books

And while working on those things, I will practice 1 Corinthians 16:14 which says, "Let all you do be done in love."

Comments

Popular Posts