Gifts! for the Fit Chick

I confess! I spent more money this Black Friday than I typically do. I blame post World's Toughest Mudder blues. But I got some really great deals on things I've been eyeing for awhile (isn't this the excuse we always use?) Here are some great gift ideas for that fitness minded person on your list:

80 lb. sand bag. Photo courtesy of
GORUCK.com
GORUCK Gear
Made in the USA and high quality, GORUCK has some great rucks (backpacks), sand bags and t-shirts. And of course, their events are high quality sufferfests, designed to teach teamwork and test mettle. I purchased the 80 lb. sand bag for training purposes. Read my event review.

Spartan Race
This week Spartan has some great race and gear discounts. Save  25% right now using code: BF25 at the gear shop. Or save big on races-- $40 off on all races (see site for details) using code: HOLIDAY.

The Sox Box
My "Warrior" compression socks,
hard at work.
Every girl needs a good pair of tall socks. And now that The Sox Box has a line of compression socks, I wear them while running and/or recovering, for shin protection in CrossFit, and during obstacle course races. The traditional socks are thick and durable. The compression socks are slightly thinner and provide that feel good squeeze.

Qalo
An odd name (pronounced KAY-LO) for an awesome product. Between my husband and I, we've gone through 5 wedding bands. Mostly through weight room mishaps-- one smashed, one severely scratched, one misplaced due to taking it off for barbell work. The Qalo rings are medical grade silicone that can be worn while training. I bought ours during their 20% Black Friday sale. Check out their website. Use my link for $5 off for new customers.

Barbell Shrugged
I love the podcast. They've spent the last few years expanding to offer some excellent online training programs. And of course, I love stuff, so their t-shirts and coffee mugs are appealing to me. If you don't buy from their store, be sure to tune in to the podcast for great info on lifting, nutrition, and CrossFit. Or if you're a coach or owner, be sure to check out Barbell Business.

WOD talk
This sparkly Barbell for Boobs Qalo edition
gives 20% for cancer research.
And speaking of great info-- I have to give a shameless plug for WOD talk. Both online and in print, you'll find informative and inspirational articles and photos from people (including yours truly) who are in the CrossFit trenches everyday.

Great Shoes
Every athlete has her favorite brand of shoes. My feet prefer Saucony shoes, and I've never had a problem during races-- either road or trail. But then I did World's Toughest Mudder. I don't entirely blame my shoes. My feet just weren't conditioned to handle the rocky and uneven terrain. The majority of racers there were wearing either Altras or the Hoka One. I succumbed to Black Friday and bought my first pair of Hokas. I'm a little suspicious, but I've got another major endurance event next year-- a GORUCK Heavy/Tough/Light-- and I need my feet to endure.
Photo and product from
GarCard on Etsy

Sassy Tees
There's nothing quite as fun as pulling on a t-shirt that brings a smile to your face and some pep in your step. The one shirt that I'm currently wanting to add to my over-stuffed drawers is a cute little thing from Etsy. But cute and sassy workout tees are everywhere online. Spartan and Barbell Shrugged have their shops, but Caveman Evolution and JekyllHYDE Apparel have some great clothing options and gear.

Inspirational Reads
Here's where I can get into trouble. I LOVE books. The following are some fantastic encouraging reads-- some are specifically related to training, but all are inspiring.

Resilience: Hard-Won Wisdom for Living a Better Life by Eric Greitens
Fearless: The Undaunted Courage and Ultimate Sacrifice of Navy SEAL Team SIX Operator Adam Brown by Eric Blehm
Lone Survivor by Marcus Luttrell
Wild by Cheryl Strayed
Unbroken: A World War II Story of Survival, Resilience, and Redemption by Laura HillenbrandNo Easy Day by Mark Owen
Eat and Run: My Unlikely Journey to Ultramarathon Greatness by Scott Jurek

And don't forget... you can never go wrong with gift cards. Most of the vendors I've listed offer gift cards. So, maybe you can't gift your loved one a GORUCK, but you could purchase a gift card that she could use toward an event.

Comments

Popular Posts