Surprisingly Calm

I will be heading to the start line of World's Toughest Mudder. It is still pretty surreal to me. I've had my eyes on an extreme challenge for a few years now, but it was never before he right time. This is the right time. 

Yesterday, I checked in. Holding my bib and timing chip in hand, it felt very real. Then my teammates, pit crew and I made our way to select and set up our pits. Seeing the course and the obstacles was a little comforting and calming. The a Great and Powerful Oz was revealed. And I felt empowered. 

I saw obstacles. Rocks and dirt and flags marking the course. The course was like so many others I've raced and overcome. The course is 5 miles. 5 miles. 

That is my thought and my focus. I'm not thinking of penalties, failed obstacles or the cliff that opens at midnight. I'm thinking of the next obstacle. Of finishing this 5 mile lap. 

One step at a time. 

Comments

Popular Posts