Competition Prep

So, at this point in the 31 days of blogging... well, I'm just a little sick of myself. (If you are sick of me, too, then just skip down to the motivational clip at the end of the post.) I have nothing really clever or witty to say. (And forgive me for the grand assumption that I ever have anything clever and witty to say.) I'm just going to do what I do when I don't want to do something. I do it anyway.

Right now, I'm training primarily for competition. Which means nearly always pushing myself. And for the last two weeks at the end of the week, I've nearly had to force myself to the weight room. I'm just tired.

Last week's main lifts saw us (my blessed partner in torture-- my husband and I) doing this:

5 sets of 5 reps at 85% of our training max. Followed by 5 x 10 at 50%.
(50% of your training max seems like a delightful break. Not so much.)

This week's main lifts are this:

5 x 3 at 95%. Followed by 5 x 10 at 60%.

Did I say those are the main lifts? That doesn't include the bonus work of Olympic lifts, some supersets of bodybuilder type lifts. And my morning runs or weighted "rucks."

Am I whining? Bragging? Talking to myself?
I'm just saying. You have to know what you want and go after it with everything that is in you. Even when you don't want to. Even when you're tired. Even when there is a multitude of other things you'd rather do.

Or this one:

Comments

Popular Posts