Finding Balance

When I set my mind to try to find balance, suddenly I'm Dory trying to find Nemo-- very determined, but easily distracted, and often forgetting exactly what it is I'm supposed to be finding.

I'm not sure that we ever arrive at the place of balance. I feel more like it's a constant striving. Like balance is such a very precious thing and our hands are just too big and clumsy to ever secure it.

I'll tell you one thing... a sure way to get out of balance is to commit (even to yourself) to blogging every day for 31 days. I think it's made me a little crazy. But it's revealed a deep truth about purpose.

Life is too short to commit to doing things just for the sake of doing them.

Don't say "yes" to something out of guilt.

Decide what you want and pursue it.

Don't get distracted.

Do take time for other people, but don't get lost in pleasing them.

Love God.

Love people.

And that means yourself, too.

I think I won't be writing a blog again for a very long time. I think I'm starting to ramble...

Comments

Popular Posts